Monday, January 5, 2009

The most embarssing grocery checkout in human history

Yesterday, I was flirting with a complete dreamboat at my local Smith's grocery store. Things were going well. He'd even asked for my phone number. And then suddenly he looked at my grocery basket and made a hasty retreat. As I reviewed my receipt at home to make sure I hadn't been overcharged or forgotten something I decided I will never hear from that young man in this or any other lifetime...
Metamucil (I have irritable bowel, I need the fiber)
KY Jelly Tingling Personal lubricant
4 pack AA batteries
Yoplait Plus yogurt
Activia (Yep. Two kinds of yogurt that help you poop)
Nutella
5 lbs of apples
Super Plus deodorizing tampons
I can't help but imagine that somewhere in the world he is tossing my number into garbage because he doesn't want to get mixed up with a sexually frustrated constipated person who is insecure about vaginal freshness. Now if I'd had just one of the above embarrassing items in my basket I'm sure it wouldn't have been a big deal. But I don't blame Mr. No Call. There was no room for romance in that shopping cart.

No comments: